I did it! Finished in 31.58 minutes. Big lessons today:
- Really know where the race is. Went to the wrong location…
- Have an awesome playlist (terrible three songs were stuck in a loop) and don’t rely on Pandora or Spotify
- I can go faster and push harder. I was a wimp today. My muscles are only as sore as they usually are from a SoulCycle class. I didn’t even hit the running wall.
- I should run races frequently, run longer ones, and be serious about running because I love pushing myself. There is a great satisfaction that comes from going outside of my comfort zone. Hitting that stride takes me out of my head and into a meditative state.
- A recently purchased pair of workout pants told me to “Run Fast and Live Fearless.” I believe.
Here is the last post related to this event.
One thought on “Lessons from My First 5K @ Women’s Distance Festival- I Believe!”